Renee & Brady's wedding!
After quite an eventful (and delicious) Saturday running around L.A. with my brother and sister, it was time to head over to the Los Angeles River Center and Gardens for Brady & Renee's wedding. Our family loves Brady and we were all very excited to see him and Renee finally get married.
The ceremony was just lovely, and short, which was great because it was pretty freakin' hot sitting under the direct sunlight. They did have these cool umbrellas for all the guests, but of course I was too manly to be holding an umbrella. I'd rather collapse from heat stroke than look like a dandy. Hee hee.
After the ceremony I got to hang around with my nieces and nephews for a little while. Man, have they grown over this last year. I hate to admit it but they're not the funny, snot-nosed little kids that used to crack me up anymore, they've all turned into young men and women. They're still snot-nosed though. Ha!
Here's me and my godson, Brian. Bri is Ray's older son. He's headed off to UC Davis this fall to start college. Wow.
Jeez, what are you feeding these kids? Here's me and Monique my niece. She's my sister, Vivian's, kid. Her dimples are so deep they went through her head and even went through mine. She's a cutie!
Here's Monique and the rest of her family. Nice.
Soon the reception started and after the requisite toasts we had a great dinner (no, no enchiladas or taquitos). Just when dinner was wrapping up, the biggest hit of the whole reception pulled up outside. It was the Churro Truck! AWESOME! Renee and Brady hired their favorite local Churro Truck to park outside and serve up free churros to their guests all night long!
I think we freaked the churro people out because they were a little wide-eyed when we rushed the truck. Maybe the tendency is to drive away real fast when a group of screaming Filipinos comes rushing up to your vehicle. Frankly, I don't blame them.
Oh man those churros were great. They were fresh and hot and tasted so good. I think a private Churro Truck should be standard fare at any wedding.
Once everyone's cake holes were stuffed with churros, the DJ cranked up his equipment and everyone got busy shakin' their butts. Here's Renee and Brady shakin' their butts for the first time as husband and wife.
Then it was Gerry's turn to have a dance with his daughter. Gerry was so proud. Then Brady danced with his mom, Martha. Everything was so beautiful. Sniff sniff.


Then it was back to the Churro Truck! Woooo HOOOOOOO!
The reception wasn't all churros, they had a nice cake too. Here's Brady & Renee cutting their wedding cake.
The cake was a good sugar boost for the hardcore dancers. Here's Brady and Renee showin' everyone how it's done. Whoa, those are some far out moves!
And no official Viceral family get-together would be complete without a limbo contest. I'm happy to report, no one was injured --seriously.
Everyone spent the rest of the night dancing away. The batteries in my camera were just about dead by this point, I'd taken over 500 pictures over the entire weekend (love that 1GB Flash card!).
But alas, the dancers started pooping out and we all started to pack into our vans. I had a great time as I'm sure everyone else did too. Thanks Brady & Renee!
The next day we all went over to their house. We visited for a while and watched them open their gifts. When dinner time rolled around a bunch of us walked over to a taco truck for some tacos. Mmmm. I didn't bring my camera with me, doh, but I did get some pictures on my cellphone, but I can't figure out how to email them to myself. Errrrr. The tacos, of course, were delicious.
The next day the rest of the family headed back to the Bay Area. I had a few hours to kill before my flight, so I headed down the block to Little Tokyo and had some sushi. Oh mama, that was good too. Who knows when the next time I'll have really good sushi again.
As you can tell from the picture, I was the only one in there. I think they weren't quite open yet, but I had a plane to catch soon and I wasn't heading back to Saskatchewan without a California roll and some nigiri in my gut, dammit!
Lunch/brunch was great and I jumped on the Super Shuttle to LAX. As nice as the weekend was, I couldn't wait to get back to my pack back home on The Ranch.
Thanks to my family and all of Los Angeles for making my stay so nice. And congratulations to the new couple, Brady & Renee! You two absolutely ROCK!
Until next time... adventure!
R-
The ceremony was just lovely, and short, which was great because it was pretty freakin' hot sitting under the direct sunlight. They did have these cool umbrellas for all the guests, but of course I was too manly to be holding an umbrella. I'd rather collapse from heat stroke than look like a dandy. Hee hee.
After the ceremony I got to hang around with my nieces and nephews for a little while. Man, have they grown over this last year. I hate to admit it but they're not the funny, snot-nosed little kids that used to crack me up anymore, they've all turned into young men and women. They're still snot-nosed though. Ha!
Here's me and my godson, Brian. Bri is Ray's older son. He's headed off to UC Davis this fall to start college. Wow.
Jeez, what are you feeding these kids? Here's me and Monique my niece. She's my sister, Vivian's, kid. Her dimples are so deep they went through her head and even went through mine. She's a cutie!
Here's Monique and the rest of her family. Nice.
Soon the reception started and after the requisite toasts we had a great dinner (no, no enchiladas or taquitos). Just when dinner was wrapping up, the biggest hit of the whole reception pulled up outside. It was the Churro Truck! AWESOME! Renee and Brady hired their favorite local Churro Truck to park outside and serve up free churros to their guests all night long!
I think we freaked the churro people out because they were a little wide-eyed when we rushed the truck. Maybe the tendency is to drive away real fast when a group of screaming Filipinos comes rushing up to your vehicle. Frankly, I don't blame them.
Oh man those churros were great. They were fresh and hot and tasted so good. I think a private Churro Truck should be standard fare at any wedding.
Once everyone's cake holes were stuffed with churros, the DJ cranked up his equipment and everyone got busy shakin' their butts. Here's Renee and Brady shakin' their butts for the first time as husband and wife.
Then it was Gerry's turn to have a dance with his daughter. Gerry was so proud. Then Brady danced with his mom, Martha. Everything was so beautiful. Sniff sniff.


Then it was back to the Churro Truck! Woooo HOOOOOOO!
The reception wasn't all churros, they had a nice cake too. Here's Brady & Renee cutting their wedding cake.
The cake was a good sugar boost for the hardcore dancers. Here's Brady and Renee showin' everyone how it's done. Whoa, those are some far out moves!
And no official Viceral family get-together would be complete without a limbo contest. I'm happy to report, no one was injured --seriously.
Everyone spent the rest of the night dancing away. The batteries in my camera were just about dead by this point, I'd taken over 500 pictures over the entire weekend (love that 1GB Flash card!).
But alas, the dancers started pooping out and we all started to pack into our vans. I had a great time as I'm sure everyone else did too. Thanks Brady & Renee!
The next day we all went over to their house. We visited for a while and watched them open their gifts. When dinner time rolled around a bunch of us walked over to a taco truck for some tacos. Mmmm. I didn't bring my camera with me, doh, but I did get some pictures on my cellphone, but I can't figure out how to email them to myself. Errrrr. The tacos, of course, were delicious.
The next day the rest of the family headed back to the Bay Area. I had a few hours to kill before my flight, so I headed down the block to Little Tokyo and had some sushi. Oh mama, that was good too. Who knows when the next time I'll have really good sushi again.
As you can tell from the picture, I was the only one in there. I think they weren't quite open yet, but I had a plane to catch soon and I wasn't heading back to Saskatchewan without a California roll and some nigiri in my gut, dammit!
Lunch/brunch was great and I jumped on the Super Shuttle to LAX. As nice as the weekend was, I couldn't wait to get back to my pack back home on The Ranch.
Thanks to my family and all of Los Angeles for making my stay so nice. And congratulations to the new couple, Brady & Renee! You two absolutely ROCK!
Until next time... adventure!
R-
















0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home